Monday, March 5, 2012

Retry on the Broken Spider Web block... Success!






I just had to post my "new and improved" Broken Spider Web block that I just finished.  My other one was fine, but I didn't place the first strips on my mark as I should have and didn't have any seam allowance on one point... which was going to drive me crazy! So back to the drawing board. I think I like this one better too! And I have figured out uses for the blocks that won't make it into the quilt for whatever reason.  I'm coming up with some ideas!  


(See my coffee cup sleeve ~ or New Life for an Orphan Quilt Block!)

2 comments:

Sarah in Indiana said...

Hi. I saw your comment at Thrifty Decor Chick, so I thought I'd come check out your blog. I'm a big fan of repurposing things, so your projects are really interesting to me. I'm a novice at sewing myself, but I'd love to try a quilt eventually. This block is beautiful, and your granddaughter is a cutie!

~mo sews with re*purpose said...

Thanks! You are officially my first comment! I have more to post, not all sewing in nature.. so come back anytime! :D